We enthusiastically invite you to join us at UCLA on November 15, 2018 for the third annual Digital Humanities Infrastructure Symposium. Our focus this year is on some real-world built and building platforms and methods to support DH researchers . Our planned presenters include:
- Patrick Schmitz, Berkeley: “OCR at Scale with Google Translate and Google API”
- Nicola Lercari, UC Merced: “Setting up the Public Humanities-Digital Humanities Lab and the UCM WAVE visualization facility”
- Kristy Golubiewski-Davis, UC Santa Cruz: “Getting the VizLab Off the Ground”
- Anne Mar and Dale Stieber, Occidental College: “The evolution of a platform for undergraduate digital scholarship”
- John Lynch, UCLA: “Learning to Say YES! with CDH’s Project Workflow”
- More to be announced (possibly including DH workshops)!
We welcome anyone interested in learning from what has been done in practical, infrastructure-building terms — especially technologists, library staff, and those involved or getting started in building DH capacity.
For the latest updates, please visit our event page.