Anthony CaldwellScholarly Innovation Labs Manager
Anthony Caldwell received his Bachelors of Architecture from the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCIArc) in 1992. After graduating, he began working at various architectural firms and teaching architectural design and visualization at SCIArc. In 2000 he joined the UCLA Department of Architecture and Urban Design eventually becoming Director of Technology. In 2010 he was offered a chance to join the UCLA field school at Fayum Egypt as architectural consultant. The time spent in Egypt sparked a passion for archeology and 3D modeling of historic buildings. Anthony joined the Center for Digital Humanities in 2013 as Instructional Labs Manager. Currently, he manages the UCLA Scholarly Innovation Lab where he specializes in 3d modeling and visualization. He also works closely with the UCLA Experiential Technologies Center as Assistant Director and research fellow.
At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Eric’s Architectural Salvage
What was your favorite toy as a kid?
What is your go-to spot in LA?
- 3D modeling
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Architectural presentation
- GIS (in architecture)
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- 2017 – Historical 3D Reconstructions, BIM, and Metadata, Co-Presenter Eleventh Annual USC BIM Conference
- 2016 – The Lighthouse At Alexandria: A Case study In Visualizing Iterative Research, Co-Presenter 69th Society of Architectural Historians Annual Conference
- 2015 – Approaches to Sharing Modeling Data, Co-Presenter Conference on Cultural Heritage and New Technologies
- 2015 – Pharos Lighthouse an experimental archeological digital reconstruction, 5th International Congress On Construction History
- 2015 – Pharos Lighthouse Research, Southern California Institute for Classical Architecture & Art Neoclassicists.
- 2010 – Pharos Lighthouse Research, Ancient Egypt at UCLA 2010 Edition on Ancient Technology, Cotsen Institute of Archaeology and the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures.
- 2010 – Pharos Lighthouse Research, Centre d’Etudes Alexandrines Alexandria Egypt.