Book Scanning Services
We’re pleased to offer a book scanning service to all faculty in the Humanities Division who may be interested in having books scanned for instructional or research purposes.
Please bring your items to be scanned during normal operating hours (M-F, 9am – 5pm) in the CDH Learning Lab @ Rolfe ( Rolfe Hall Room 2118), where our lab consultants team will be available to help you start the process.
What we can do
- Scan books and periodicals at 300dpi resolution. This includes books with bindings.
- Deliver a folder of images on Box @ UCLA or on a flash drive you provide us.
- Notify you when the scans are done.
- Keep up to three items in a locked space during the scanning process.
What we can’t do
- Meet specific deadlines. The speed at which books may be scanned varies dramatically (anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 minutes for 2 pages, depending on the manual adjustments required). And our lab consultants are part-time employees who are also supporting classes and other events in the Learning Lab!
- Scan to exact size or print-production specifications.
- OCR your scans.
- Store more than three items at a time. We have a very small secured workspace!
We look forward to coordinating with you on your book scanning request!